Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to identify you, for example, your first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, billing information, or any information you submit to the Web Sites or the Applications that identifies you individually.
Information you provide
You may choose to disclose personally identifiable information about yourself and other information when using the Web Sites or Applications. The Web Sites and the Applications may collect information you provide directly by methods such as the following:
• Registration Forms - If you are offered the opportunity to enter a promotion or to become a registered user of the Web Sites or Applications, you may be required to fill out a registration form on the Web Sites or Applications. This form may require certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, areas of interest, product usage, credit/debit card number(s) with associated expiration date(s), CVV and billing zip code(s), and/or a unique individual password.
• Transactions - If you conduct transactions through the Web Sites or Applications, we will collect information you provide directly about the transactions you engage in while on the Web Sites or Applications (including any data gathered through the Application while located in a Nicolitalia store). This information may include, payment and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
• Email and other voluntary communications - You may also choose to communicate with us through email, via the Web Sites, via the Applications,
or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may include personally identifiable information.
Information Collected Automatically
The methods that may be used on the Web Sites and Applications to collect usage information include:
• Log Information
Log information is data about your use of the Web Sites and Applications, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files.
• Information Collected by Tracking Technologies
Cookies and other “tracking technologies” now and hereafter developed, some of which are listed below, may be used to collect information about your interactions with the Web Sites and Applications or emails, including information about your browsing and activity behavior.
The Web Sites' and Applications' servers, or the servers of third parties that are used to operate the Web Sites and Applications, may place a "cookie" on your computer, store data in your computer browser or access pre-existing removable tracking features on your mobile device in order to allow you to use the Web Sites and Applications and to personalize your experience. A "cookie" is a small piece of data that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies and browser storage allow us to recognize your computer while you are on our Web Sites and Applications and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies and browser storage are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies and browser storage may also be used to improve the functionality of the Web Sites and Applications.
Types of cookies and tags on our Web Sites and Applications include:
• Functionality: Used to remember your preferences and for facilitating transactions such as purchases.
• Performance or Analytics: Used to measure site activity to improve user experience.
• Targeting: Used to display information and offers that specifically interest you.
• Local Storage
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5 storage, to store information related to whether the user has chosen to "Remain Logged In" as well as tokens if third party services are used. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage such as HTML 5 storage to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 Local Storage.
• Web Beacons ("Tracking Pixels")
Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as "internet tags" or "clear gifs," embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Web Sites and Applications, to monitor how users navigate the Web Sites and Applications, and to count content views.
• Embedded Scripts
An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Web Sites and Applications. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Web Sites and Applications, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
• Location-identifying Technologies
GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
• Device Fingerprinting
• In-App Tracking Methods
There are a variety of tracking technologies that may be included in mobile applications, and these are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifier, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activity to a particular app and to track user activity across apps.
For further information on tracking technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting” and “Your Choices” below.
Information Collected from Third Parties
Nicolitalia may use the information, including the personally identifiable information, collected through its Web Sites, Applications or stores for such purposes as:
• helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
• opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users' accounts or memberships;
• processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
• serving digital advertisements to you on third party ad properties;
• providing services and support to users;
• improving the Web Sites, Applications or stores, including tailoring them to users' preferences;
• providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about Nicolitalia and its affiliates;
• responding to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions;
• protecting our systems from fraud and unlawful access;
• maintaining the security and integrity of its systems;
• sending you newsletters and marketing communications; and
Disclosure of Information
Nicolitalia does not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. Nicolitalia may use agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers to help it maintain and operate its Web Sites, Applications, payment processing, and for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your personally identifiable information for that purpose. These companies may only use such personally identifiable information for the purpose of performing those functions and may not use it for any other purpose, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
Nicolitalia must disclose personally identifiable information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In addition, we may disclose personally identifiable information about you as follows:
• in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena;
• when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
• if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party;
• to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
• with our affiliates for internal business purposes;
• if Nicolitalia is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you may be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web Sites or Applications of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
Nicolitalia may also disclose aggregated de-identified information to provide information about its Web Sites and Applications to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities.
Social Media Features
Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting
We may also engage third parties to serve advertisements on the Web Sites and Applications and/or on other sites. These third parties collect and share information with us during your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you, measure and research the effectiveness of our advertisements, track page usage and paths followed during visits through our Web Sites and Applications, help us serve relevant internet banner advertisements on our Web Sites and Applications and on other sites, and track use of our internet banner advertisements and other links from our marketing partners' sites to our Web Sites and Applications. Nicolitalia may use the information collected on its Web Sites and Applications for online behavioral advertising purposes including retargeting and to customize ads to you when you visit third party sites.
To exercise your opt out choices, see the next section.
Accessing your Information
You have the right to access the personally identifiable information we have about you. You may correct, update, amend, delete, or remove that information by making the change on your Nicolitalia online account or contacting us as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technologies Generally
Most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies or other device tracking features, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of the Web Sites or Applications.
You may opt out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, Nicolitalia does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics and Advertising
You may choose whether to receive interest-based advertising by submitting opt outs. Some of the advertisers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). Some of these companies may also participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. Click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative site or click here to visit and learn about the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, behavioral advertising practice or to opt out of this type of advertising, as provided by our third party vendors, including: Adara Media, Blue Kai, Casale Media, Invite Media, Media Mind, Microsoft Advertising, x+1.
In addition, some of the advertisers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may offer their own opt outs:
• Click here
to opt out of the Google Doubleclick.
Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
Nicolitalia is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of the Web Sites or Applications. From time to time, Nicolitalia may also send you other messages or updates about our Web Sites, Applications, Nicolitalia, or our promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non promotional communications from Nicolitalia, you can opt out at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or by contacting us as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
The Web Sites and Applications are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Nicolitalia will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Nicolitalia knows to be under the age of 13. Nicolitalia does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If Nicolitalia nevertheless discovers that it has received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Nicolitalia otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Nicolitalia will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child's parent or legal guardian may request that the child's information be corrected or deleted from our files by contacting us as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Nicolitalia maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard personally identifiable information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Web Sites or
Nicolitalia reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Nicolitalia will post a notice prior to the change becoming effective on its homepage and a link to the new policy.
For Privacy Shield-related issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter addressed to Nicolitalia, LLC, 255 W Bulldog Blvd, Provo, UT, 84604.
This policy was last updated November 29, 2016.